Job Title – Farmer Market Assistant
Assist with the weekly onsite operation of The Carytown Farmers Market. Additional hours may exist for additional events at City Stadium, and/or other venues in the Richmond Area. This position contributes to the success of Urban Greenlight LLC and The Carytown Farmers Market by supporting the growth of our mission. We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our team and provide onsite assistance during market days. Duties will include assigning vendors to correct locations, assist with any vendor issues, set up and manage the market tent, collect weekly fees as needed.
As the market assistant, you will work on site with our market manager and volunteers to provide a positive experience for both vendors and customers. Your contribution will help develop, expand and maintain the market’s integrity.
- Assists with opening and closing of the market.
- Assisting vendors and placing them in location.
- Placing and removing advertising yard signs.
- Assisting musicians and making sure they are set up.
- Setup and manage the market tent. To include selling merchandise, operating the SNAP machine, a keeping accurate customer counting.
- Collecting fees from vendors.
- Making sure the market site is cleaned and secured once all vendors have left.
- Licensed driver.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and results-oriented.
- Ability to function independently.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Enthusiastic and friendly personality.
- Pays attention to details.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
$12.00 to $15.00 per hour commensurate with experience. Needed three Sundays a month from 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM.
Additional responsibilities and compensation are possible with experience.
To apply email resume and a cover letter –
Patrick Warner, [email protected]